Many, many students at the University of Kansas care about basketball.
or lose they stand by the team, wait in never-ending lines and even wake up at obscene hours to go to ticket lotteries.
I guess that makes me the minority, because I am usually more content with watching games from the comfort of my home and getting something near eight hours of sleep.
Does that make me a bad fan? Maybe.
Do I find some way to make up for it? I think so…
This morning, Dan went to a bright and early lottery with some other guys from his hall.
thought he was crazy gave him a lot of credit for this, so I decided to invite him over for a homemade breakfast.
That meant only one thing: I couldn’t wimp out and go with cereal.
Baked Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal
- 1 apple
- 2/3 C oats
- 1 1/3 C water
- 1 T whole-wheat flour
- 1 T brown sugar + 1 t more
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t vanilla + 1/2 t more
- 1/4 t cinnamon + 1/2 t more
- 1/8 t salt
- Wash and dice apple. Place in microwaveable bowl, mix with 1/4 t cinnamon and 1/4 t vanilla. Microwave for two minutes.
- In another bowl, mix together oats, water, 1 T brown sugar, flour, baking soda, 1/2 t vanilla, 1/2 t cinnamon and salt. Add in baked apples and mix everything.
- Grease a loaf pan. Pour in batter and top with remaining 1 t brown sugar. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.
I loved this breakfast, because it seemed impressive, but was actually extremely simple to throw together. Better yet, I put it together first thing in the morning, then went upstairs to get ready while it was baking in the oven. By the time I was better-looking and hungry it was ready to be served: hot and fresh!
Question: Do you have any “impressive” dishes that are actually easy?