Another day, another item marked off the wedding planning checklist. Things are definitely coming along!
I’m also excited to get past some of the more major, more serious bookings (such as the reception, caterer, photographer, etc.) and just really focus on the fun details, such place settings and music playlists.
Because school is also starting up next week, I’m also feeling a big push to get the big things done. During any other year, a five-week break would be too long… This year it’s almost too short!
Anyway, with such a busy day, I was aching for a no-fuss, delicious treat to cap off the night. immediately my thoughts turned to the can of pumpkin I had sealed up in the fridge. See, funny things happen when I open up a can of pumpkin…
Unlike the other recipes, this one doesn’t require heating the oven, measuring ingredients or waiting on bake time. Instead, it offers instant gratification, which is a perfect way to top off a long day.
Easy Chocolate and Pumpkin Pudding
- 1 container of dark chocolate pudding (I used sugar-free)
- ~ 1/3 C canned pumpkin
- Sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
- ~ 1 t maple syrup
- Optional toppings (I used some chocolate granola)
- Scoop the pudding into another small bowl.
- Fill the now-empty pudding cup with pumpkin. Mix in the pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the pudding. Swirl everything together and add toppings.
I almost feel
like Sandra Lee guilty calling this a “recipe.” But, I sure as heck don’t feel guilty about eating it — And I wasn’t the only one eyeing it…
I usually go rogue on my entrée recipes, especially with dishes such as pasta or stir-fries, which are hard to get wrong.
At night, I almost always need some kind of chocolate. It just wouldn’t seem like a complete day otherwise!