That’s right. I’m back for more — I just couldn’t stand leaving you all with just one picture in a whole post!
After thinking it through a little bit, I decided it was prime time to give you another recipe I’ve had on file for a few days. Until now, I haven’t had the chance to give it enough respect. I blame it on all this bridal shower and Easter business.
Now it’s time, so brace yourself for yet another take on one of my all-time favorite treats.
Blueberry and Almond Biscotti
- 3/4 C whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C almonds, chopped
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1/4 C dried blueberries
- 2 T milled flax seeds + 6 T water
- 1 t vanilla
- In a small bowl, beat together milled flax seeds and water. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flours, almonds, baking powder and sugars. Whisk together ingredients whole-wheat flour through chocolate chips in large mixing bowl.
- Stir the vanilla into the flax-seed mixture.
- Hollow a well in the center of the flour mixture. Pour in the flax-seed mixture and gently stir to combine. Mixture will be crumbly — may need to use hands to knead into dough.
- Form into two rectangles on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and slice rectangles into long, thin slices. Rearrange on cookie sheet and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Remove an allow to cool thoroughly on a cookie sheet before storing. That way, they keep their crunch!
I think part of the reason I love biscotti so much is because I don’t feel guilty about having it with a cup of coffee in the morning…
A smoothie in the afternoon…
Or just by itself!
Wasn’t that worth the wait?
Questions: Have you made biscotti before? Have you had biscotti before?