I just don’t do enough for my mom.
Despite the fact that she is the best, nicest, most incredible mother in the world, I really don’t take enough time to tell her that. Instead, when she goes and does a nice thing for me, I turn around and ask her for something else.
I hope this isn’t how all mother-daughter relationships go, because I have higher expectations for my kids. That’s why I’ve decided to start changing the trend (and hope that carries onto the next generation).
On that note, here is a sandwich that I know my mom will love.
Roasted Red Pepper and Artichoke Panini
- 1-14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 T roasted red peppers, drained and packed
- 2 T light mayo (alternatively, veganaise)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Swiss cheese, sliced
- Whole grain bread, sliced
- 2 T buttery spread, melted
- Turkey slices, optional (<< For Dan’s sandwiches!)
- Heat a grill press to medium-high.
- In a small food processor, combine artichokes, roasted red peppers, mayo. Blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush butter on both sides of bread slices. Place two slices of bread on the grill and press down with a weight until grill marks appear on underside.
- On the grilled side of one slice of bread, spread a layer of the artichoke mixture. Top with cheese and optional turkey. Cover with other piece of bread, grilled side down.
- Place sandwich back on grill and press down until grill marks appear, about three minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Repeat with more slices of bread until all of the artichoke mixture is used, about six sandwiches.
Although Dan and I both loved the last artichoke panini, I dare say this is even better.
The salty roasted red peppers… The creamy artichoke spread… The melty cheese…
It is seriously perfection — and that is exactly what my mom deserves.
But, you know what? My generosity doesn’t end there, dear readers!
That is because I’ve been given the opportunity to host a giveaway of one of my personal favorite snack foods, Somersaults!
These were actually one of the first items I reviewed for the blog and I instantly fell in love. The problem was, the rest of my family did, too… My dad ended up eating a whole bag! I caught the point and ended up giving him another bag for Christmas. They are that good.
I also love that there are four flavors to choose from and each satisfies a different craving. The chocolate is there when I want a sweet, the sea salt is there when I want something salty and the salsa is there when I want something savory.
Now, I want to pass the love on to you! There are three ways to win…
- Leave a comment telling me which flavor you’d like to try.
- Tweet something like, “I want to win the awesome@SomersaultSnack giveaway by @Pursuit2Health !” Then, leave a comment telling me you did so.
- Like the Somersault Snack Co. Facebook page and leave a comment telling me you did so.
Remember, you don’t need a blog to enter! Winner will be announced on Monday morning.