We have a lot of fun in this little house — it is just often at the expense of each other.
Take Tracker for example. Dan and I just thought it was oh-so hilarious to tie her toy elephant around her neck.
She wasn’t as amused.
But, what goes around comes around, as Dan and I also devote a good amount of time to giving each other a hard time. (It’s all in good fun and we never tread into “low-blow” territory. That’s key!)
It’s pretty easy to do, considering we have a lot of good material to work with.
Dan: says “peench” instead of “pinch,” always steals my pillow in the middle of the night and watches the Weather Channel like it’s the most fascinating thing on earth.
Me: drinks out of an admittedly huge coffee mug, occasionally talks with a slight Texas accent (even though I’m from Michigan) and thinks smoothies are appropriate for any meal.
That last one is key, because it gives Dan a ton of opportunities to make fun of me. Basically, whenever I say that I’m hungry, Dan jokingly asks, “Are you going to make a smooz-ee?” And, he does pronounce it like that, just to emphasize the joke.
More often than not, the answer is “yes” — especially when it gives me an excuse to use pumpkin.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1/2 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk)
- 1/2 C vanilla yogurt
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 banana
- 1 T almond butter
- ~1/3 C canned pumpkin (not pie filling!)
- Dash of pumpkin pie spice
- In a blender, combine milk, yogurt, ice cubes and banana. Blend until creamy.
- Stir contents of the blender. Add almond butter, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Blend until everything is combined, adding more milk if necessary.
- Serve in a bowl or cup. Add a dash more of pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
Love the fall flavors in this!
The banana is really subtle and just lends a little extra sweetness. The pumpkin pie spice is what really brings it all together — it’s totally a staple on my spice rack.
Dan can laugh all he wants about my love for smooz-ees. He’s just missing out.
Questions: Do you think it’s a good thing to poke fun at your spouse? What goofy things do you or your spouse do?