Just when you thought you knew what to expect with “Worth Talking About Wednesday,” I’m mixing up the template a little bit this week: Rather than showcase a few things that are worth talking about, I am focusing on just one topic this week.
I know. Hold onto your seats.
DIY Infinity Scarf
This is worth talking about for a few reasons.
- Infinity scarves are neat concepts, but dang-it if they aren’t expensive. It’s a circle of comfortable fabric — why does that require are $20+ price tag?
- This is a very easy DIY project even with no sewing machine. I did it. You can do it.
- My Martha Stewart streak doesn’t seem to be letting up.
What you need:
- Old sweater, sweatshirt or t-shirt
- Sewing pins
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery needle
- Lay the sweater out on the floor.
- Cut a horizontal line across the sweater, just underneath the sleeves.
- Fold that in half vertically to measure two equal sections. Cut across. You should now have two equally sized tubes.
- Horizontally cut each tube. Now you should have two, long and equally sized rectangles.
- Thread the needle. Pin the end of one rectangles to the other, so the ends are overlapping about 1/2″.
- Sew the ends together with a running stitch. Overlap at the sides, so the fabric doesn’t fray.
- Repeat with other ends of the rectangles, forming a large circle.
This took me barely any time at all. Love those kinds of projects!
Wrapped three-times around, the scarf was a perfect fit. It’s also perfect for weird self-portraits.
And… Not to leave you guys without some real Wednesday entertainment, here’s a picture that had me laughing this week.
Questions: What do you think is worth talking about this week?