Sometimes I wish I could lead a calm, relaxing life. I know it’s possible, too, because I have the perfect model: my cat, Mesa.
Seriously, nothing phases him. He just goes with the flow and blends in…
1. Breakfast. I expedited the breakfast process with a delicious, creamy bowl of overnight oats topped with some extra crunchy cereal.
Consumed: One nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt mixed with 1/4 C oats and a little light soy milk, left in the fridge overnight. Topped in the morning with crunchy almond butter, dried cranberries and a little Kashi Go Lean Crunch.
2. Workout. After giving my breakfast some time to settle, my mom and I headed up to the YMCA. I logged some time on the treadmill before working on some arm strength with free weights and ending with some ab exercises.
3. Annual Family Christmas Pictures. In the past, the annual picture has been a big point of controversy. If people aren’t upset about their outfits or the location, then it’s inevitably something else.
There was even the year that we captured a real glimpse: I stole a doll from my sister, so she slapped me across the face. Right as the automatic picture went off, my dad reacted by flipping my sister over his shoulder, while I cradle my sore cheek in my hands and my mom looks toward the camera with a skeptical smile. Classic.
Fortunately, within the past few years, we seem to have the whole process down a little bit better. Today, in just 20 shots, we landed a great picture with a few extra fun shots…
The Official Family Picture
The Goofy Family Picture
The Sister Picture
The Goofy Sister Picture
(Note: We usually get along. Those pictures just seems to bring out our fighting sides!)
4. Lunch with Sister. Although the pictures went pretty quickly, it was still after noon by the time we were done. My parents had to head in different directions for work, so my sister and I decided to go out for lunch at Noodles & Co.
In addition to the food being tasty and fairly light, one of the things that I love most about Noodles is that they offer a “trio” option, where I can pick a small dish with a protein and a soup or salad.
5. More Christmas Shopping. While we were out, I checked a few more items off my Christmas shopping list, but I can’t give any more details than that!
6. Manicure. First of all, whenever I talk about getting a manicure, I am so temped to say “get my nails did.” But I suppose that’s besides the point.
The real story is that my sister and I went over to a local nail salon for a basic manicure, which for me is far from “basic.” I swear, I don’t even remember the last time I painted my fingernails!
I opted for a nude color so that it won’t show chips too soon. Although it’s not much of statement, it’s still nice to have my nails looking a little better. Meanwhile, my fabulous sister went with a more fabulous style…
6. Grocery Shopping. After getting our nails did (I had to say it!), my sister and I swung by the grocery store. She picked up some supplies for a fun dinner party she’s going to tonight where everyone is playing a character. I, sadly, have much more boring dinner plans, so I just picked up a few ingredients to make a salad.
7. Nap, apparently… After getting home, my sister and I took a break with a little bit of “Bridezilla” on the TV. Before too long, I could feel my eyelids getting heavy. Next thing I knew, I woke up an hour later with this picture on my camera…
Questions: What was on your “to-do” list for the last weekend day before Christmas? Do you get manicures, do your nails at home or just go totally nail-nude?
P.S. DAN IS GOING TO BE TO MY HOUSE SOON!